International Scholastic Trust Limited is currently searching for top professors, educators from around the world to help us with our mission.
Henry Ong, President of International Scholastic Trust (IST)
-Founded Singapore and Asian Schools Math Olympiad (SASMO) in 2006
-Created a team based competition Singapore International Math Olympiad Challenge (SIMOC)
-Led the Singapore Math Olympiad team to compete in international competitions in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, South Korea, Thailand and Singapore.
-Invited by Teacher’s Network, Ministry of Education Singapore to train teachers on how to help students develop thinking skills through games and puzzles.
-Created the Math Magic workshop at the Talent Development Institute for High Ability students for the Gifted Education Branch (GEB), Ministry of Education (MOE).
Prof. Valentina Dagienė, VU professor of Mathematics and Informatics
Professor Valentina Dagiene is a leading international authority on Computational Thinking and Informatics. She is the Founder and President of Bebras, a worldwide organization with over 56 country members.
She is currently teaching at Vilnius University Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Lithuania. Some of her extraordinarily accomplished academic feats include:
- Publishing over 200 scientific paper and over 100 methodical works.
- Coordinating more than 50 national and international projects in education, information technology, development of educational software and localization of computer programs.
- Member of prestigious International committees such as Olympiads in Informatics(since 2006), ACM (since 2005), and IFIP TC3 (since 2003)
- Founder of two international journals, Informatics in Education and Olympiads in Informatics
- Author of more than 60 books on teaching Informatics, approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania
“With her immense knowledge in teaching, research work, publications and academic projects, we are privileged to have Prof Valentina Dagiene volunteer to join our Advisory Council, as Head – Informatics Education. We look forward to working with her to bring all of you another world-class competition in Informatics very soon.” – Henry Ong, President of IST”.
Dip. Ing. Prof. Dr. Magdalena Stoeva, Phd
Dr. Magdalena Stoeva holds Master degrees in Medical Physics, Medical Engineering, Computer Science and a PhD in Medical Physics (Diagnostic Radiology).
She has over 20 years teaching experience in Technical University, Medical University, International Medical Physics Center and the ICTP. Currently as Professor in the Department of Medical Imaging, Medical University – Plovdiv, Bulgaria, Dr. Stoeva is responsible for teaching for of over 300 students (medical physics, medicine, dentistry, medical doctors, post-doc, resident and CPD programs) on various topics related to Medical Physics and Equipment, Physics of Diagnostic Imaging, Radiation Protection, Quality Control.
- Active participant in 8 International projects under TEMPUS, Leonardo da Vinci EU and other EU programs.
- Elected member of the governing bodies of the International Organization for Med Physics (IOMP) and the International Union for Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine (IUPESM).
- Editor in Chief of Springer Nature’s Health & Technology journal.
Among Dr. Stoeva’s professional activities are: delegate in the WHO 3rd Global Forum on Medical Devices, Geneva 2017; Delegate in the 32nd ICSU General Assembly, Taipei 2017; a delegate at the ICRPM, Vienna 2017; a delegate in the European Parliament Interest Group on Biomedical Engineering meeting, Brussels 2018; a reviewer of the 2019 Global Sustainable Development Report as a nominee of a member organization of the International Science Council (ISC), the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) and/or the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP).
Recognitions of Dr. Stoeva’s work are: the Lenardo da Vinci award; the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) Young Scientist Award for Medical Physics; the Award of the Mayor of Plovdiv, and the FIOMP.
“With her active participation in fields of Medical Physics, Medical Engineering and Computer Science, our students will benefit immensely from Dr Stoeva’s extensive knowledge, contacts and advice as they enter into these fields to make their mark on society. We are so blessed to have Dr Stoeva to guide our honor students”. – Henry Ong, President of IST”.
Prof. Afshin Behmaram
Professor Afshin Behmaram is the assistant professor at faculty of mathematical science, University of Tabriz, Iran in the field of Combinatorics and Graph Theory. He also holds a postdoctoral position at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC).
- Founder of “Erdős Institute”, leading Institute for educational innovations , mathematics activity and Scientific competitions in Iran.
- More than 14 innovations on education of mathematics which received gold medal in ITEX exhibition(Malaysia -2011) and silver medal in Geneva invention exhibition, Switzerland (2015).
- Member of organizing committee of “Iranian math Olympiad“ for university students.
- More than 22 research papers in graph theory and 28 scientific talk in International conference in 15 countries.
- Author of the book : “ Creative mathematics in combinatorics and Algebra “ , famous book for intelligence students in Iran.
- Organizing “math Kangaroo “ and Iranian Geometry Olympiad in Azarbaijan State of Iran and member of organizing committee of “kangaroo summer camp” in Istanbul , Turkey
“IST is really honored to have my senior from University of Illinois, Prof Afshin to join our powerful Math council and we are looking forward to having him co-lead our Math and Science camp in 2020.” – Henry Ong, President of IST”.